RECIPE COLLECTION FROM DELICIOUS. ON SUNDAYS
WHAT'S IN IT?
3 bunches mixed baby (Dutch) heirloom carrots, trimmed and scrubbed
1 can (400g) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
¼ cup (60ml) olive oil, plus extra to serve
1 tbs za’atar (a Middle Eastern spice blend), plus extra to serve
4 x 250g lamb rumps, trimmed
1/3 cup (50g) pine nuts
Juice of ½ lemon
1 cup (250ml) Greek-style yoghurt
Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
¼ bunch each parsley and mint, leaves chopped, plus extra sprigs to serve
½ tbs honey
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Place carrots and chickpeas on one tray, drizzle with 2 tbs olive oil and scatter with za’atar. Toss to coat. Roast for 20-25 minutes until golden and tender. Loosely cover with foil to rest.
3. Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over high heat. Season lamb and cook, turning often, for 6 minutes or until browned all over. Place in second tray and roast for 12-15 minutes for medium rare. Cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
4. For dressing, combine ingredients in a bowl, season and refrigerate until required.
5. Place the butter into a small frying pan over a medium-low heat, add the pine nuts and cook, swirling pan occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until butter and pine nuts are lightly browned. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
6. Slice lamb and place it on a warm platter with the carrot and chickpea mixture. Spoon the warm butter and pine nut mixture over, scatter with extra za’atar, parsley and mint leaves and drizzle with extra olive oil.