RECIPE CREATED FOR LILYDALE FREE RANGE CHICKEN
Prep time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
WHAT'S IN IT?
6 Lilydale chicken tight fillets
4 tbs soy sauce*
2 tbs sake
2 tbs mirin
1 tbs honey
4 cups mixed salad leaves
1 lemon, cut into quarters
1 tbs sesame seeds
4 cups sushi rice, cooked as per packet instructions
2 cups, cooked edamame, deshelled
2 nori (seaweed) sheets, finely julienned
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
1. To make your teriyaki sauce, combine soy, mirin, sake and honey in a small saucepan and cook until honey has dissolved and liquid reduces slightly. Remove from heat and allow to cool before covering chicken in marinade. Allow to marinade for approximately 30mins.
2. In a large non-stick fry pan, in batches, cook your chicken thigh over a medium high heat for 10-12 mins or until cooked. Allow to cool and then slice into strips.
3. Make up your bento box by evenly distributing the chicken, mixed salad leaves, sushi rice lemon wedge, along with sesame seeds, edamame, nori and lemon wedge.
Recipe notes and tips:
* As an alternative to making your own teriyaki sauce, you can use good quality store bought teriyaki sauce.
* Japanese pickles or tsukemono can be found at specialist Asian grocers, or use your own favourite pickles.