CALAMARI W/ POTATOES AND SALSA VERDE
RECIPE COLLECTION FROM DELICIOUS. ON SUNDAYS
WHAT'S IN IT?
500g small kipfler potatoes, scrubbed
750g medium calamari, cleaned, cut into 5mm-thick rings, tentacles, halved
1 lemon, halved
1 tbs olive oil
200g truss cherry tomatoes
1 bunch rocket, trimmed
2 cups mixed herbs (we used parsley, basil and mint), plus extra to serve
½ cup (125ml) olive oil
1 tbs baby capers, drained
1 tbs red wine vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 garlic cloves, crushed
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
1. Place potatoes in a saucepan of salted water, bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain, cool and halve or cut into thick slices.
2. For salsa verde, whizz all the ingredients in a food processor until finely chopped, then season.
3. Combine 2 tbs salsa verde with calamari in a bowl and leave to marinate for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine potato with half the remaining salsa verde.
4. Heat a barbecue or grill pan to high. Brush cut sides of lemon with ½ tsp olive oil and cook cut-side down for 3 minutes until charred. Brush remaining oil all over tomatoes, season and grill for 3 minutes, turning once, until skin starts to blister. Grill calamari for 2-3 minutes until lightly charred and just cooked through.
5. Arrange potato and rocket on a platter. Top with calamari and tomatoes, scatter with extra herbs and serve with remaining salsa verde and charred lemon.