RECIPE CREATED FOR LILYDALE FREE RANGE CHICKEN
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 12 mins
WHAT'S IN IT?
2 birds eye chili*, finely sliced
3 limes, juiced
1 1/2 tbs fish sauce
2 tsp brown sugar
500g Lilydale chicken mince
Rice bran oil, for frying
1 green mango, shredded / juilienned*
200g grape tomatoes medley, halved lengthways
1 cup mint, leaves only
1 cup Thai basil, leaves only
2 kaffir lime leaf, finely julienned
1 eschallot, finely sliced
3/4 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
1. Combine chili, lime juice, fish sauce and sugar in a small bowl. Stir well to begin dissolving the sugar. Set aside until needed.
2. Fry off chicken mince in a little oil over a medium high heat in a non-stick fry pan. Cook until coloured. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. To make the salad, in a large bowl toss gently all ingredients. Once combined, dress liberally with your dressing and place in four lunch boxes.
Recipe Notes and Tips:
* If you can’t get access to green mango, substitute for green papaya or your fav type of noodles or rice.
* Use a julienne peeler to get perfect strips of green mango. You can find these at most Asian grocers or supermarkets.
* Feel free to add as much or as little chili as you like. I like my version of this salad nice and spicy.