SKIRT STEAK FAJITAS WITH CHIMICHURRI
RECIPE COLLECTION FROM DELICIOUS. ON SUNDAYS
WHAT'S IN IT?
2 tsp each ground coriander, smoked paprika (pimenton) and dried oregano
¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
600g skirt steak, trimmed
2 red onions, sliced into wedges
1 red capsicum, sliced into 1cm strips
1 yellow capsicum, sliced into 1cm strips
1 tbs red wine vinegar
8 gluten-free corn tortillas, warmed
Sour cream, avocado, lime wedges, to serve
1 bunch coriander, leaves chopped
1/3 (80ml) cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbs red wine vinegar
1 red chilli, seeds removed, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
1. Combine spices, oregano and 2 tbs olive oil in a shallow dish. Season well. Add steak, coat well and marinate for 20 minutes.
2. For the chimichurri, combine ingredients in a small bowl, season and set aside.
3. Combine red onion and capsicum in a bowl, add remaining olive oil, season and toss to coat. Heat a barbecue or grill pan to a high heat. Cook steak for 6-8 minutes each side for medium-rare. Rest on a plate, loosely covered with foil.
4. Heat a frypan over high heat and cook onion and capsicum for 3 minutes, or until charred and tender. Deglaze with vinegar.
5. Thinly slice steak. Divide onion mixture among warm tortillas, top with steak and drizzle with chimichurri. Serve with sour cream, avocado and lime wedges.