HARISSA BUTTER PRAWNS W/ WILD RICE AND BROCCOLINI
RECIPE COLLECTION FROM DELICIOUS. ON SUNDAYS
WHAT'S IN IT?
16 extra-large prawn
100g butter, melted
1½ tbs harissa (or other chilli paste)
1 tbs soy sauce
Juice of 2 limes
2 bunches broccolini, trimmed
6 spring onions, trimmed, plus extra thinly sliced, to serve (optional)
2 tbs rice bran oil
2 packets (500g) microwaveable brown and wild rice, heated according to packet instructions
¼ bunch coriander, chopped
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
1. Using a sharp knife, butterfly the prawns by cutting along the belly and through the head until they open up flat, then de-vein.
2. Heat a barbecue or grill pan to medium-high heat.
3. Whisk together melted butter, harissa, soy sauce and half the lime juice, and season.
4. Toss broccolini and spring onions with oil, season, then grill, turning once, for 3-4 minutes until lightly charred. Cool slightly, then cut into 6cm pieces. Place in a bowl with rice, coriander and remaining lime juice. Toss together and place in a serving bowl.
5. Lightly brush prawns with half the butter mixture, then grill, turning occasionally, for 2-3 minutes until charred and just cooked.
6. Arrange prawns on a large platter, scatter with sliced spring onion (if using) and serve with wild rice salad and remaining butter.