ASIAN CHICKEN MEATBALLS W/ NOODLES
RECIPE CREATED FOR LILYDALE FREE RANGE CHICKEN
Makes: approx. 30 small meatballs (Serves: 4 - 6)
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 15mins
WHAT'S IN IT?
2 tbs coriander root, finely chopped
1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
1 egg, beaten
1 cup breadcrumbs
500g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Mince
1/4 cup (60ml) sweet chilli sauce
Juice and finely grated zest of 1 lime
3 cm piece ginger, finely grated
2 cloves garlic, finely grated
1 red onion, cut into wedges
3 tbs black bean sauce
1 (450g) packet thick Hokkien noodles
1 tbs vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup (150g) sugar snap peas, blanched
1 stalk lemongrass, finely sliced
1/2 cup raw peanuts, toasted
Chili flakes, to garnish
Sesame seed, to garnish
2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
Juice, 1 lime
2 spring onion, thinly sliced
1/2 bunch coriander stalks, reserving some to garnish
1/2 bunch Thai basil
1/2 bunch round mint
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
1. Combine chicken, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, coriander root, egg and breadcrumbs, mix well to bring together. Roll mixture into small, even balls, and place onto a paper-lined tray. Cover and chill for 20 minutes or until firm.
2. Meanwhile, in wok over high heat cook noodles in oil with onion and black bean sauce.
3. To cook meatballs, heat oil in a non-stick pan over low heat. In batches, cook meatballs, turning, for 6 minutes, or until cooked through.
4. Combine sweet chili sauce and lime in a small bowl, whisking well to loosen sauce. Set aside until serving.
5. Serve to a large sharing plate or platter. Add noodles, meatballs, herbs, nuts, sugar snap peas. Drizzle meatballs with sweet chili and lime dressing, and then garnish with chili flakes, sesame seeds and coriander leaves.
OODLES OF NOODLES!
MORE RECIPES HERE...