ONE PAN ZA'ATAR ROASTED DRUMSTICKS
RECIPE CREATED FOR LILYDALE FREE RANGE CHICKEN
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 12 mins
WHAT'S IN IT?
8 Lilydale chicken drumsticks
2 tbs za’atar*
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 red onions, cut into chunks
2 zucchini, cut into chunks ,
1 large eggplant, cut into large chunks
1 cup Greek / natural yoghurt
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tsp honey
1 tbs mint, finely chopped
1 cup hummus*
2 tbs harissa paste
1 large pomegranate, seeds only
1 cup coriander sprigs, to garnish
1 lemon wedge, garnish
Flatbreads, to serve
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line a roasting tray with baking paper and toss chicken drumsticks in za’atar and olive oil. Place in oven and cook for 20mins. Remove and add cauliflower chickpeas and onion, cook for a further 20mins. Next add zucchini and eggplant and cook for a final 20mins.
2. Remove tray from oven and allow to cool slightly, while cooling, bring together your yoghurt sauce by mixing together yoghurt, garlic, honey and mint.
3. Serving the whole tray to the table is the aim here, so garnish the roast chicken and vegetables with the pomegranate, coriander, lemon, with your flatbreads, yoghurt sauce, hummus and harissa on the side.
Recipe notes and tips:
* Za’atar is a blend of Middle Eastern Herbs, sesame seeds and salt. If you have trouble finding this, then use a good quality dukkah or you can make your own.
* Grab the best store bought hummus you can find, or alternatively make your own.