PRAWN AND AVO ROLL
WHAT'S IN IT?
Homemade seafood sauce:
1 cup (300g) Kewpie* mayonnaise
1 1/2 tablespoons tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha* hot sauce
Squeeze of lemon
8 flour top bap rolls*
2 ripe avocados
32 cooked King Prawns or 64 cooked School or Bay Prawns*
Cracked black pepper
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
Make your seafood sauce, simply combine all ingredients in a small bowl mixing well. Taste and add a squeeze of lemon if needed.
For the rolls you can do it how you please, tear open the rolls, then I like to lay a bed of avocado down, then lay the prawns on top followed by a good drizzle of sauce and some cracked pepper.
NOTES AND TIPS:
* Kewpie mayonnaise can be purchased at your local Asian supermarket and even some larger chain supermarkets these days. If you want, you can use freshly made mayo but for some reason (I think it’s the sweetness) Kewpie just works best.
* Sriracha Hot Sauce is another Asian ingredient that you can pick up at your local Asian supermarket.
* Flour top bap rolls are made at most local bakeries, they are the super soft and fluffy rolls that have a little flour dusted on the top. Perfect for this dish.
* School and Bay prawns are a more sustainable option when choosing prawn species.
* If you want to get super extravagant you could substitute the humble prawn for lobster.