MINT CHOC CUPCAKES USING MAYO
Yes, you can make sweet treats with Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise! These scrumptious mint choc cupcakes use mayo to make up the ‘fat’ component that you usually find in cake recipes – mayo is a great alternative to oil or butter.
Recipe serves: 12 | Prep Time: 12 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins
WHAT'S IN IT?
240g plain flour
100g cocoa powder
200g brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp bicarb soda
1 cup of Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise
200ml full cream milk
1 tsp vanilla paste
Green mint butter cream
400g icing sugar, sieved
½ tsp peppermint essence
1 or 2 drops green food colouring (optional)
1 tbs milk
To serve, your choice of toppings
Mint choc biscuits
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
1. Preheat oven to 175C / 155C fan forced. Line cupcake tin with cupcake cases.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together: flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt and bicarb soda.
3. In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, Hellmann’s mayo, milk and vanilla paste.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix for 30 seconds until well combined, remembering to scrape down sides. Doing this by hand will help ensure you don’t overwork the batter.
5. Spoon into cupcake cases, filling each ¾ full. Bake for 25-30 mins or until a skewer comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from tin and cool completely on a cooling rack.
6. While cupcakes are cooling, make the mint frosting. Whisk the butter until pale, light and fluffy. Gradually add half the icing sugar, then add milk, peppermint essence and green colouring, if using. Add the remaining icing sugar and mix for 5 minutes.
7. Frost cooled cupcakes using a piping bag and top each cup cake with your choice of fun toppings. From adding someone’s favourite treat, to Christmas treats, decorations are an easy way to personalise these fun and novel cupcakes.