SPICED KANGAROO W. SUPER SLAW
RECIPE FROM DELICIOUS. ON SUNDAYS
WHAT'S IN IT?
4 x 125g kangaroo fillets (or lamb fillets)
¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
Juice of 1 lime
½ cup (100g) red quinoa (or regular quinoa)
80g baby kale or rocket leaves
¼ red cabbage, finely shredded
2 carrots, shredded
¼ cup (25g) goji berries
¼ cup pepitas (35g), plus extra to serve
2 tsp sesame seeds, plus extra to serve
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
1. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil over medium heat. Add the quinoa and cook until just tender. Drain then cool completely.
2. Combine the 2 tbs olive oil, paprika and cumin. Season with salt and pepper. Rub over the kangaroo fillets and set aside.
3. Preheat a barbecue or chargrill over high heat. Add the fillets and cook for 5 minutes, turning, until charred and cooked to medium. Rest, lightly covered in foil, for 5 minutes.
4. For the slaw, combine the cooked quinoa and all other ingredients in a bowl. Toss to combine.
5. To make the dressing, combine resting juices from the kangaroo, lime juice and remaining oil and toss through the slaw.
6. Serve with sliced kangaroo and extra seeds.