SALMON, SWEET POTATO FISH CAKES
RECIPE FROM DELICIOUS. ON SUNDAYS
WHAT'S IN IT?
750g sweet potato, cut into 3cm pieces
2 x 180g pieces salmon, skin removed and pin-boned
100g frozen peas, thawed
Finely grated zest of ½ lemon
1½ cups (100g) fresh rye breadcrumbs
1 egg, beaten
¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
Lemon wedges, watercress and cornichons to serve (optional)
1 cup (280g) thick Greek-style yoghurt
1 tbs each finely chopped dill and flat-leaf parsley
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
1. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil over medium heat. Add the sweet potato and cook for 8 minutes, then place a steamer basket on top with the salmon. Cover basket and cook for 3-4 minutes until almost cooked, then remove from the heat. Drain potato and set aside to steam cool.
2. Flake fish into a bowl. Add the potato, peas, zest, crumbs, egg, then season and fold through mixture to combine.
3. Use lightly oiled hands to form into 12 patties, then place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Chill for 30 minutes.
4. For the herbed yoghurt, combine all ingredients in a bowl and chill.
5. Heat ¼ cup oil in a frypan over medium high heat. In batches, cook the patties for 2-3 minutes a side until lightly golden and warmed through, then drain on paper towel.
6. Season, then serve with lemon wedges, watercress, cornichons and herbed yoghurt.