GOATS CHEESE, PEA AND LEMON RISOTTO
WHAT'S IN IT?
5 cups of vegetable stock
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 thyme sprig
150g goats cheese
1 cup frozen peas
1½ cup Arborio rice
¼ cup Kooks Chardonnay
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1 handful of pea shoots
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
1. Heat vegetable stock in a small saucepan. In a separate pot sweat the onions on a medium heat in a little olive oil until translucent and aromatic. Add the garlic and thyme and continue to cook.
2. Add the Arborio rice and fry with the onions for roughly 3 minutes. Deglaze the pot with white wine and the juice of a half a lemon.
3. Gently stir while adding in one ladle of hot stock to the rice. Allow the stock to be absorbed before adding the second ladle. Continue this process until the rice is almost cooked.
4. Add the peas just as you add the final ladle of stock.
5. Once the rice is cooked, crumble in the goat’s cheese. Stir gently. Serve with lemon zest and pea shoots sprinkled over the top of the risotto.