RECIPE COLLECTION FROM DELICIOUS. ON SUNDAYS
WHAT'S IN IT?
4 each chicken thighs (bone in), wings and drumsticks
½ cup (80g) wholegrain plain flour
1 cup (20g) puffed rice, crushed
1½ cups (140g) quinoa flakes
Olive oil spray
Mashed potato and gravy to serve
1 tsp each ground cinnamon, cayenne pepper, ground ginger
2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
2 tsp garlic powder
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
1. Preheat oven to 220°C fan-forced. Place the chicken in a large bowl, then add buttermilk and chill for 30 minutes.
2. For the spice mix, combine all ingredients plus 2 tsp salt. Add the spice mix to a bowl with the flour, puffed rice and quinoa flakes.
3. Remove chicken from the buttermilk, then toss through the puffed rice mixture (compressing the mixture onto the chicken with your hands).
4. Place chicken on a oven rack and spray with olive oil. Place it in the oven set above a baking tray. Bake for 35 minutes until crisp and cooked through.
5. Serve chicken pieces with mashed potato and your favourite gravy.